PDA

View Full Version : contact form with AS and PHP for checkboxes...

jamesrobins
07-25-2007, 11:21 AM
hi all,

i have been reading through tutorials and other forum posts for a couple of days now, trying to get a simple contact form to work with checkboxes and allow the data to be sent via email. alas, it is all way over my head. i see that it is a fairly regular issue getting the checkbox info to be sent as there is a requirement (from what i understand) to use loadvars and listeners in the fla file and then relate this in the php file so that all the data is sent nicely via email. i have attached both the contact form and the php file as is at the moment and was hoping someone could have a look at what needs to be added to the files.

the current form and php work in so far as the three text areas have vars assigned and send the text data, i just dont understand how to apply the same to the three checkboxes and the relative info for the php file.

any help is most greatly appreciated,

regards
james

ps - i am using cs3 so the flash file (i believe) will not work in flash 8 etc. let me know if you would like it reloaded to work with flash 8.

atomic
07-25-2007, 11:31 AM
This tutorial might help... It doesn't use checkboxes but radio buttons and a combobox, but those are still components...

http://tutorials.flashvacuum.com/index.php?show=Email102

jamesrobins
07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
cheers atomic,

i have seen this tutorial before but am unsure what ascepts to extract and modify for the check boxes. is it the var array section that is currently applied to the radio boxes in the first instance and then anything in the php that makes this info be sent?

cheer, and please do excuse these somewhat basic questions, hopefully soon i will be able to give a little back to the community!!!

james

ps - if anyone is looking for a nice and easy to modify contact form, the files in the zip can be used, just delete the checkboxes, add your email in the php form and away you go!

ransom
10-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I Need Help With A Very Intense Contact Form.
Some Of The Fields Do Not Register. But It Works And Sends Emails Fine.
Ransom