PDA

View Full Version : Projectors on Windows + Mac

discofly
07-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Hi all,

I've got a projector file on a CD, with an autorun.inf file. When the CD is inserted into a PC - it autoplays. So far so good.

But if the user puts the disc in a Mac - obviously nothing will happen...

Basically - is there a way to put a Mac equivalent of autorun.inf on the disc, and to publish the Flash File as a .exe equivalent - so whether it's inserted into a Mac or Pc - it plays???

Be grateful of your help.

discofly

Billy T
07-25-2002, 12:05 PM
yes - burn it on a mac program called toast and select the auto start option (must be burning a custom hybrid to get this option...which I assume you would be...)

cheers

DiDi
07-25-2002, 05:20 PM
You can burn cross-platform (hybrid) CD's on PC too (with autorun option included), but you need specific software that makes image file (nothing to do with graphic image) and them burn it onto CD with PC. Check these threads:

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=314590

http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=329027

Hope this helps...

DD

PS: Hey mods, maybe it would be a good idea to put a permanent FAQ post about basic PC/Mac projectors issues, burning and related problems. I keep redirecting people to FlashKit, and I thaught we could have our own FAQ about this... Just a suggestion anyway...

Billy T
07-25-2002, 09:08 PM
wanna write a quick tutorial? :)

DiDi
07-26-2002, 12:05 AM
Are you chalenging me? ;)

I am no expert, but I can try putting down a draft, then I'll leave it to you daddies to polish it up, ok? :D

DD

Abelius
07-26-2002, 12:49 AM
LOL... You do live up to your legend, DiDi...

BTW, nice translations you did in here... :)

Billy T
07-26-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by DiDi
Are you chalenging me? ;)

yep - go for it :)

DiDi
07-26-2002, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Abelius
LOL... You do live up to your legend, DiDi...

BTW, nice translations you did in here... :) Thanks Abelius... This time, if you have any suggestions/corrections, let me know... ;)

Originally posted by Billy T

yep - go for it :)OK... :D I have the house full of guests at the moment, but hope to do it in a week or so...

Cheers...

DD