PDA

View Full Version : How many of you also program in C#?

mattkenefick
08-01-2007, 05:31 PM
I know PHP is the popular one but C# is so similar to Actionscript that I don't know why people don't write in it more.

--
(For the record I was a PHP programmer before I entered the AS world and still am. But I was just curious after looking over my friends C# code. Looks identical to AS)

Cota
08-01-2007, 06:29 PM
I never made the jump to C# or anything .NET. The frame work is horrible. I used to do C/C++

CyanBlue
08-01-2007, 07:05 PM
Well... I think C# code is similar to AS2/AS3 in a way, but C# was not available when AS1 was out in the market... I only had small number of of C# projects but PHP projects are whole lot more in numbers, so I intend to keep it that way because my main focus still lies with the Flash and those server side scripts are some tool that enhances my Flash life... On top of that, there aren't many .NET hosts you can get nor C# is really compatible with non M$ OS... At least that's what it is to me... But it is something good to learn and I plan to learn more about it... ;)

panel
08-02-2007, 12:11 PM
propably becouse php is free and hosting is cheaper so php is bether/cheaper for smaller projecs.

I heard There is some project creating reverse engeenering so sonn there shoulb be some free hosting on linux :D

C# is similar to AS in case of language syntax, but in case of framework is is similar only on basic level.

BTW
I had algorithm (about 300 lines of code) written in C# and I pasted code to Flash did some syntax changes, some minor type changes and in 1 hour i had AS version without even undetstanding how this algorithm exacly worked :cool:

CyanBlue
08-02-2007, 01:19 PM
That's very interesting, panel... My brother-in-law does C# for livinig... I'm going to go get some of his code and try that conversion process myself when I am done with the small projects I am currently working on...

hangalot
08-02-2007, 06:11 PM
used to code in c# for work, personally i switched to java for my backends.

MichaelxxOA
08-02-2007, 06:19 PM
pretty much the same thing, used to code C# for work... haven't really touched it much since then