PDA

View Full Version : Animated MovieClip Menu

Animadictsaiyuki
08-02-2007, 10:35 PM
I was wondering how to create submenus with each title separated (they are NOT next to each other) and keep them active until you move your mouse to a certain boundary or go to another menu? And also how can you make your subbuttons able to go to another page when they are animated with in a movie clip?

This is sorta what mine looks like. All of the menus and submenus are not next to each other, there's space between them.

Menu -
_______Sub1 Sub2 Sub3 Sub4

Menu

Menu

Menu

Menu
________Sub1 Sub3
Menu-_____________Sub5
________Sub2 Sub4

Menu

(Sorry for the underscores, or else it would show up in blobs rather than what I wanted. It still sorta is. =_=;; )

atomic
08-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Use a hittest on the movie clip, and an invisible expanding background behind all the sub menu items, which will keep them displayed until you roll off the invisible background.

Animadictsaiyuki
08-03-2007, 10:06 PM
What do you mean but "hittest"?

atomic
08-04-2007, 02:51 AM
This...

rammionline
08-04-2007, 11:34 AM
new test

Animadictsaiyuki
08-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Ok I tried it, but now I areas where I don't want to have the button feature look on the mouse and my buttons still don't function even after I looked at the file that you had me look into (I even tried adding _root. to the button's gotoAndPlay (); to get to the frame the page is on.). =_=;;;