PDA

View Full Version : Creating EXE projector from Flex 2/3

ven
08-03-2007, 03:20 PM
I have a project where I create a EXE file from the flex swf. However, i now removed the menu with fscommand("showmenu", "false"); - and now i cant find the "File" -> "Create Projector" anymore (since obviously, the menu is gone :rolleyes: )

Anyone know how to go about this?

ven
08-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Made a temporary hack solution, not so pretty, but works:

private function dummyFault():void {
fscommand("showmenu", "false");
}

]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:HTTPService id="dummyLoader" url="dummy.xml" fault="dummyFault()" />

This hides the menu - if the loading of dummy.xml fail. That means that i can create an empty file called dummy.xml, and then i have the menu - then create projector. After the EXE is made, i delete the dummy.xml, and the menu will hide again ;)

dr_zeus
08-03-2007, 05:46 PM
Clever! Thanks for sharing.

seinberg
08-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Do either of you -- or anybody -- know how to automate this process? Is there some command line argument this might take?

I'm trying to automate our build process and found this incredibly helpful Maven2 plugin:
http://www.servebox.com/foundry/doku.php?id=m2f2plugin

The final product we ship is an EXE file created from a SWF. Right now we're doing File->Create Projector, but I want to take out all the manual processes I possibly can. Anyone have any ideas? I've seen some commercial 3rd party tools that claim to do it, but I can't imagine there isn't some way to do this through the SDK...