PDA

View Full Version : How do i Create a .txt file dynamically?

Vulraj
07-31-2002, 02:33 PM
Hi Guys,
I have made a game as a projector file, and will be called from the CD-rom. When the user starts playing, A temp file has to be created in the local system and store all the gaming data.
How do i create a TEXT file at runtime.

Cheers,
:p
Raj

xxlm
07-31-2002, 03:19 PM
look for
mc.createTextField

:)

sumul
07-31-2002, 07:10 PM
Um, xxlm, that's text file, not field. :)

Look up MMSave (tutorials, forums, etc). This should help ... (http://www.actionscript.org/tutorials/intermediate/save_a_local_copy_of_file/index.shtml)

Abelius
08-01-2002, 12:09 AM
Did I get this wrong, or what that link shows is that the whole thing will work only if it's not working in a browser...?

xxlm
08-01-2002, 01:03 AM
Ooops...
I've answered at 3am so I weren't very clear...:rolleyes:

There is some way to save a local.txt file:
MMSave as sumul said, but this one work only in the authering mode.

If you got flash 5, you can use fscommand "save" (only work with the first player v5 not with the newer and v6).

so you can try

fscommand("exec", "command.com.\tc/echo\tyourtextinthefile\t >yourtextefile.txt");
or something like this.

Go on the actionscript section and look for the thread Still another pb with fscommand. (I've start this thread). There's some links. You'll see too that if you got XP you CAN'T save local file... because you can't exec .exe or .com. I've look a little more (I have to find a way too) and it seems that we can exec .bat file.
Need to know how to pass params throught and it'll be OK!

:)

farafiro
08-01-2002, 06:24 AM
there is no way u can do that now adays with the new flash player
this thread would help
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=14460&highlight=fscommand

Originally posted by Abelius
Did I get this wrong, or what that link shows is that the whole thing will work only if it's not working in a browser...?

Yes u r right, it works only within the authering mode

Vulraj
08-01-2002, 08:51 AM
I think the best option when using projector files is to go for the jsave tool from flashjester.com, But then i will have to buy it.
Thanks guys, for all the support.

Regds,
Raj.