PDA

View Full Version : Neko Neko music website

neko neko
08-19-2007, 10:28 PM
Hello

I have finally finished my website for my music (Neko Neko). When i first started i had no knowledge or experience with flash or web design so i am happy with what i achieved and have to say i couldn't have done it without the vast of knowlodge and help available here, Thanks. Anyway any critism welcome.

http://www.neko-neko.co.uk

Thanks

Gray

icktoofay
08-21-2007, 02:40 AM
When I visit it, I get a lot of 404 errors. Also, it looks a bit odd to have all those UI components, with different skin colors than the theme of your site. Try changing the global styles object (I forgot how at the moment). Also, the preloader looks a little... bland. Try to add a little more style while keeping filesize low, like change the background color, and change the font to a well-known font that isn't the default (like Verdana). I think it's a great site for a first try though. Just keep practicing and you'll get better.

Cota
08-21-2007, 04:34 AM
Hey, if this is your first site, then nothing is critism and everything being said will serve as training. I agree with the things mentioned above. Also start getting used to planning your sites better. It seems to be that there was a lot of after thought add-ons there. UI components are horrible, avoid them when possible. Work on transitioning your site sections with more fluid movement, after all, its Flash. And finally, start working with graphic tutorials as well, the visual design is just as important as the flow. You've taken the first step, dont stop now.

neko neko
09-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanks for the kind words and the pointers guys. I really appreciate it.
I agree with you on the graphic design and transitions tips, i am working on improving them.

Thanks again

Gray