PDA

View Full Version : FS Command Mac obstacle

chelmquist
08-06-2002, 08:02 PM
I've read all the tutes about the fscommand folder and Flash MX, seen other posters' questions answered, and my code still won't work. I'm working within a disc image, so I should be able to test this without having to burn a disc (according to what I've read). Here's my deal:
FlashMX Projecter lives in the disc image, with all its swf's, etc. A separate folder titled "fscommand" is sitting there right next to the Projector icon, and my compiled script titled "QTStarter" is the sole resident of this folder. The script launches a QTmov that also lives in the image (the script and location of the mov works - I've tested it). My code:

on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "QTStarter");
}

I've tried all kinds of path combinations (using colons and folder names), and nothing has worked. Can anyone please straighten me out?

Jesse
08-08-2002, 02:46 AM
I can't think why that wouldn't work... When you try paths are you using Mac paths ( http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts/documents/directory_path.htm ) or PC paths?

chelmquist
08-08-2002, 02:37 PM
I use colons - e.g.

Demo:fscommand:QTStarter

(Demo being the name of the disc image) I tried putting the projector in a folder within the disc image, and then put the fscommand folder inside that. Maybe I have the AppleScript saved as the wrong kind of file? I wouldn't know just by looking at the icon if it's right or not.
It's all so clear on my PC at home. It's a Mac headache at the office.
I followed the Macromedia link you sent (thanks), and confirmed that I seem to be doing it right. Maybe I should just get a CD burner for the office Mac?