PDA

View Full Version : how do i achieve this effect?

orca
08-06-2002, 09:46 PM
Hey,
I was wondering how i would make a thing where you have a list of words/thumbnails, and you click one, and a description of the thing you just clicked pops up in a defined area.. i'm not too great at explaining it.. there's an eg here in the works section...
http://www.e3direktiv.com/v4/start.html
thx.
:confused: :( :rolleyes:

zoomfreddy
08-06-2002, 10:33 PM
break it down to little pices first...

the menu is just buttons with "loadMovie();" actions inside a movieclip (scrollable).

each part of the contents (separated swf's-fla's) can be loaded with a "level", or "movieclip" as a target, is your choice( i prefer levels).

the rest is just good efects-design

so you will need some knowledge about:

paths, targets, coordenates and masks(for the scrolling stuff)

I know, this is not the working code, but ideas to help you find the right way to do it :)

:cool:

orca
08-07-2002, 12:22 AM
Thx for the tips. :)
But when i do the separate .swf's, would i do like one for each button clicked, or somehow group them into one? :o

zoomfreddy
08-07-2002, 08:12 PM
i prefer to use separate swf's, this reduces the load time, and its easier to edit one (think of it as dreamweaver template)...in the example link, this is the method used, but if your contents are small, you can leave all in one swf, and make the navigation as:

name the loaded swf something like "container"with content on separated frames and a stop on first frame.

on each button:
on(Release){
_root.container.gotoAndStop("the_name_of_your_frame");
}

:cool: