PDA

View Full Version : Laggy in when running in browser?

Venomblood
09-23-2007, 01:42 AM
I have a game that runs at 60 fps. When I run it in a web browser, it drops all the way to either 45 or 30 fps (average). I tried changing the mode to Opaque. At first, I was glad! It runs 60 fps, no lag. But then I tried using WASD to move...nothing happened. I can click and everything, but keyboard input won't work. It works when running in Flash Player and not the browser, but once it's in the browser, no keyboard input. I'm in a situation. What can I do to not have lag but allow keyboard input?

CyanBlue
09-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

I don't think you can have SWF running at 60fps if run in a web browser, period... The Flash Player for the web browser is whole lot less powerful than the debug Flash Player...

I don't know why the keyboard input does not get registered though...

Venomblood
09-23-2007, 02:52 AM
Well, when I run it in opaque mode, the keyboard doesn't receive input, but it runs at 60 fps fine, even in browser. What do you suggest I change it too. Note that I would have to spend a LONG time changing all my animations, speeds, timers, etc.

atomic
09-23-2007, 03:07 AM
Don't see why the opaque mode would make any difference in the actual framerate and/or keyboard input?

Does the movie and keyboard have focus?

Do you have a link to this?