PDA

View Full Version : Embedding fonts slows down the movie

JeromeWest
09-24-2007, 08:57 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with a site I'm putting together.

I want to use an embedded font, but only so I can display the content of the site in a font that the end-user might not have on their machine. I don't need any of the other abilities that using an embedded font on text boxes gives me.

As soon as I use an embedded font, my site slows down to a crawl (I have a scrolling text box displaying a large amount of content). If I go back to using non-embedded fonts everything is fine speed-wise, but then my site will be displayed in ugly Times New Roman if the user doesn't have the font I've specified.

I hope I'm missing something really obvious here! Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jerome

atomic
09-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Don't understand why embedding a font would have anything to do with the framerate? Do you have a link to this?

JeromeWest
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Don't understand why embedding a font would have anything to do with the framerate? Do you have a link to this?

Sorry, I don't have it up anywhere at the moment. Will try and sort something asap.

In the mean time: I believe it's slowing things down because when I embed the fonts, the text becomes anti-aliased. I'm also able to do transformations (alpha, rotation etc.) on it. I don't need any of this stuff.

I guess my question really is: can I somehow embed a font in a movie, such that the same font shows up on everyone's computer, but without having anti-aliasing and the rest turning on?