PDA

View Full Version : The Export Frame for Classes ... does not exist. 9-Slice Scaling Bug CS3

jggretton
09-24-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi Guys, i'm trying to move over to CS3 for all my flash projects but I'm going mad with this bug.

I'm getting error messages and lots of slow down when editing a flash file with a 9-Slice Scaling MovieClip in AS 2, flash player 8 with the export class set to anything other than 1.

Error Message:
WARNING: The Export Frame for Classes specified in the Publish or Export settings, frame 2, does not exist. No bytecode for ActionScript 2.0 classes or interfaces was exported.

I've got an example fla attached. If I open the file and double click the symbol, then go back to stage, then back to the symbol (repeat) I eventually get the error message in the output panel. Everything works fine when the movie is published.

I'd really appreciate knowing if anyone else gets this problem and whether there is a fix as on larger projects the slow down makes life unbearable!

Many thanks,

James

PS. I'm on Windows XP, SP2, Decent Intel Chip, 3 gigs of ram etc

Startled Gnu
11-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I had exactly the same problem and also narrowed it down to the 9-slice scaling bug mentioned. I can't begin to count the hours I've lost to Adobe's buggy software.

Anyhow, I have submitted a bug report to Adobe on this and in the meantime I am exporting in frame 1 during development and then switching to frame 2 for deployment.

jggretton
11-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Hello Startled Gnu, this one was a real killer - I ended up reinstalling flash 8 to use only with this file!

Do let me know if you get any response from Adobe!

All the best,

James

Startled Gnu
11-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Did reinstalling make the problem go away?

jggretton
11-29-2007, 09:40 PM
Reinstalling flash 8 did! (ie. not trying to use CS3)!