PDA

View Full Version : Debug Error Help

mamylo
09-26-2007, 04:00 AM
I'm doing a Flash game in Action Script 3 and i am coming up with a few errors, the juice of the game is, i have to drag movie clips into other movie clips in a certain amount of time. The problems I'm getting is, sometimes the game will not generate new movie clips, and also, the scaling of the objects is squashed on the Y axis. Please help us asap and we will be forever thankful.

drkstr
09-26-2007, 04:30 AM
What is your question?

Regards,
...aaron

Billy T
09-26-2007, 05:39 AM
ok here is a specific question:

in the ClothingItemView there is an update function that gets triggered when the ClothingItemModel dispatches an event. In the update function it checks to see if the item should be red and if so it sets the colour of a movieclip inside the item

if (_model.colourNum==2) {
//make item colour;

var color:ColorTransform = _clothingItemMovie.icon_mc.transform.colorTransfor m;
color.color = 0xFF0000;
_clothingItemMovie.icon_mc.transform.colorTransfor m = color;

}

this occassionally triggers this error

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

Any idea why?

Thanks

Billy T
09-30-2007, 12:17 PM
anyone know what the problem is with this? I've seen this happen quite a bit - a new movieclip is created using

var something:CustomMC=new CustomMC;

but often (not always) trying to access a var or object inside 'something' throws the null error above