PDA

View Full Version : Login

Danny Shumway
10-16-2007, 01:24 AM
I'm not sure if this is a challange, but I've been searching online and can't find the answer anywhere. Everyone's seen login pages. If you can post a reply, youv'e gone through what I wan't you to make. A login screen. Naturally, the first thought is just make a cookie with a few different files on it, but that's not what I want. I'm working on a game and like this forum, I am trying to make an infinite number of accounts. The user should be able to create a new account no matter what, and that user should be able to access the account (Providing he is on the same computer, or not if you can make that work.) no matter what. The obvious solution is use a different language, but I'm going for pure actionscript 2.0. I tried something with cookies already and they didn't work too well, but I may have missed something. I'm not even sure if this is possible; if you can't get it it's fine.

So, in summery, the challange is -
----A way of creating and managing an infinite number of accounts from a flash game.
----The restrictions are-
----------Pure actionscript 2.0!
Examples of what I want (not in Actionscript!) are the login page on online games like runescape, and the login page for this forum. I'm looking for something that can do everything they can.

newblack
10-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Pure actionscript 2.0!Why?

Flash Gordon
10-16-2007, 02:27 AM
seems less like a challenge and more like you want someone to do you work for you. :(

newblack
10-16-2007, 02:56 AM
seems less like a challenge and more like you want someone to do you work for you. :(
Ha! Yeah, I got that feeling too...

Assertnfailure
10-16-2007, 06:25 AM
I bet my login page will wipe the floor with all your login pages!

newblack
10-16-2007, 05:53 PM
I bet my login page will wipe the floor with all your login pages!
zomg is that a challenge- in the CHALLENGE area!?!?!? WELL I NEVER!! didn't flash gordon already beat you here once??? zomg lulz

Flash Gordon
10-17-2007, 12:36 AM
:p. I paid off the judges.

Assertnfailure
10-17-2007, 05:57 AM
didn't flash gordon already beat you here once???

owned :(

Danny Shumway
10-19-2007, 09:33 PM
It is something I want to work for me, I am currently making a game on it, but I thought it might be an interesting challange anyway. Again, I don't know much about this, so it might not even be possible. Sorry to dissapoint

Scorche
10-24-2007, 02:15 AM
I'm still hurtin from last time, though it has a been a while since a good challange...