PDA

View Full Version : School Club and RPG/MMO Project

Announce
10-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Hello, me and a few friends recently created a "Video Game Design Club" in our high school. We are looking to design a RPG, and hopefully one day MMO in flash (actionscript 2) Now we are able to have basic movement, and will be able to set up some simple hit test, but besides that we really dont know where to start.

Im looking to see if any one knows of any tutorials or would be willing to help us be able to further understand how to implement other RPG aspects (loot, skills, enemy skill level, enemy drops ect)

Thanks

evride
10-18-2007, 01:15 PM
I check out www.tutorialized.com. They have tutorials on pretty much any web programming language there is and have a section of Flash games.

Announce
10-23-2007, 07:56 PM
Looking for a bit more indepth if its possible to find, but thanks :D

Vjeko
10-25-2007, 07:53 AM
Well try defining your enemies first. Create few classes of enemies, define their skills, and hit points, perhaps items they will drop. Generate random number to get drop. Create formulas for fighting. Perhaps certain skills in combination would result certain damage. You can have different enemies. Perhaps super enemy (with certain skills and super drops), and regular ones (again certain skills and regular less valauble drops). Their movement for charging at you will be to determine your position and start moving toward you based on x and y coordinates. Don't forget class for npcs.

Hope I helped, other things figure out on your own. :)

Vjeko

Announce
10-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Thanks, certainly helps, by chance do you know of any specific tutrials that go into that? if not i will look around any way

Vjeko
10-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks, certainly helps, by chance do you know of any specific tutrials that go into that? if not i will look around any way

No, sorry, I intended to build my own rpg so I wrote some things for it... What I wrote was couple of mine ideas for building my game.

Good luck,
Vjeko