PDA

View Full Version : hi-res jpegs to video for playing locally? use avi or swf?

rach236
10-29-2007, 04:59 PM
I have a series of jpegs which i want to convert to a movie. This is not for a web application but to be run locally from a machine. As a result size and quality are important. I am looking at about 1500 jpegs totally about 40mb. For a smaller project I would usually import to flash and publish a swf (or an exe). Because the file size is going to be so large I am worried that the swf may not play smoothly and am considering exporting to avi from flash. My concern here is having an epic file size as flash seems to hugely increase its file size when converting from swf to avi. With this in mind my questions are...

Is there a better way from converting my jpegs to a video?
Will a 40mb swf skip?
Will a massive avi file skip?
Are there advantages to creating an avi and importing into flash as a flv?

Any advice or experience would be much appreciated.

Freakz19
10-31-2007, 04:45 PM
Well if you're thinking about flv then it sounds like the images are just a sequence for an animation or video of some sort, so in that case I think FLV would be better because theres less lag as it is sorta like streaming it as it continues, where as having the images in flash will require the computer to load everything before it plays.

creatify
11-03-2007, 09:02 PM
I'd use a video app to stitch all your images together like aftereffects or maybe its possible in premier - and then export and avi or .mov file. Basically keep it out of Flash. If Flash is your only tool - you might try ripping a .mov file out of Flash. At the end of the day, your video file is only going to play as fast as the computer's processor will allow.