PDA

View Full Version : Flash Education in the UK

meminus
10-31-2007, 01:47 PM
Im currently living and working in Sweden with retouching. This is not really a future for me (im kinda young) and my highest wishes is to work with flash. I know the basics of Flash but want more, much more.

Since Im living in Sweden you think "go education there - no UK". The thing is though that I really wanna go to the UK and learn the language and meet ppl there. So thats why.

Do you know of any "flash-school"?

FrodoBaggins
10-31-2007, 02:54 PM
I never heard of any "flash school". I'm self taught in AS 2 and finding my way around now with AS 3. What I did is read a couple of books and being active on this forum taught me a lot as well.

As for school, I have my Bachelor's in Media, Design and Technology. I'd try to find a course that is most appealing to you and specialize yourself in a certain subject. No school is going to offer you Flash only. Some projects just ask for different approaches. What you need to learn is the general idea and apply that in Flash, which is just a tool to make something happen.
If you're looking more into the animation side of Flash you'll see there are probably plenty of animation courses you can follow.

I hope this isn't to vague and you get my point.

Lucidity
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
No school is going to offer you Flash only.

Not entirely true. Where I went to college (for interactive Multimedia), there was a one year post-graduate degree specifically in flash. From what I heard, the program wasn't very good though.