PDA

View Full Version : masks and dynamic text

christobal
08-21-2002, 06:52 AM
Is there a trick to using a mask with dynamic text?
Works fine as static text but not dynamic. I need it dynamic so I can embed it or have I lost my mind. I generally don't use static text much and now I am trying to remember if it is automaticly embedded or not. Either way, ideally I still want have font dynamic so it can be shared over different swf files.
Any suggestions out there?
Thanks in advance

vosgien
08-21-2002, 07:22 AM
Hi,
If you want to mask dynamic text you need to embed it first. This will cause the text to antialias just like static text.

Cheers

Vosgien

christobal
08-21-2002, 07:36 AM
Thanks Vosgien

drag about the anti aliasing though eh! I am using a flash friendly bmp font which is great static but when it is dynamic and embedded it begins to anti alias toward the end of the single line, weird huh, it's happened that way with other bmp fonts in dynamic mode that I have used before. Have you noticed that?

vosgien
08-21-2002, 07:44 AM
Hi,
There are a ot of threads on this site about how to deal with anti aliasing in Flash, also there is a link ( somewhere ) to Fonts For Flash, they provide fonts that do not anti alias. It is about the only drawback that I have come across in Flash and a prob that everyone ( even macromedia ) experience

Cheers

Vosgien