PDA

View Full Version : Flash remoting to J2EE servers

physcopanda
08-22-2002, 04:31 PM
Is there any definitive list of supported server technology supported by Macromedia for Flash Remoting to J2EE???

I just posted this to Macromedia - anyone got any thoughts?

Cheers

I am somewhat dissapointed (as is my boss) in the fact that I had to spend a whole day looking around the internet and trying to configure Tomcat 3.2 only to find out that 'apparently' you can only Flash Remote to JRun4 servers and ColdFusionMX. Is this correct?

Your help file for flash remoting states the following:-

Flash Remoting supports the following application servers:

Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) application servers, including Macromedia JRun 4 and WebSphere 4. For more information, see Using Flash Remoting with J2EE Application Servers.

This gives the impression that functionality is possible with any J2EE server! Please please can you confirm the full picture.

Sincere Regards

:confused:

tg
08-22-2002, 09:46 PM
saw it about 2-3 weeks ago on mesh on mx (http://radio.weblogs.com/0106797/), but it is gone now.
anywhoooo....

he had an article running that remoting was in beta3 right now for tomcat, websphere, and a few others. so hold on tight will arrive soon.

or:
contact macromedia and see if you can get on the beta team for remoting on tomcat. they may just take you up on it.