PDA

View Full Version : Please lengthen the login timeout !

mojito
11-27-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm repeatedly having to log in to your great resource..Is it possible to lengthen the timeout ?

Who else has this..

:(

CyanBlue
11-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Um... I've never had such problem... Maybe you were trying to access actionscript.org and actionscripts.org simultaneously???

mojito
11-27-2007, 02:03 PM
No didnt know there was actionscripts.org anyway i think the session would be smarter than that ?

CyanBlue
11-27-2007, 02:13 PM
I'd say you've got to PM Jesse and Strok so that they can further check on the issue... Let me know what you find out... ;)

tg
11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
mine seems to last forever? do you have cookies disabled?

mojito
11-27-2007, 08:15 PM
cookies are enabled and i can see them in firefox, so im not sure why this is happening, thanks for letting me know its my problem ! always comforting lol:rolleyes:

Jim Freer
11-28-2007, 12:55 AM
I have a lot of problems with the short time too.

Jim
http://freerpad.blogspot.com/

tg
11-28-2007, 02:46 PM
hrm interesting. i think i need to relogin to this site like 2 or 3x per year. and usually that is because of something i have done to my computer.

Noct
12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
I noticed this recently when I was using a wireless connection that I didn't trust completely. I had the browser set not to remember my username/pass, and almost every time I tried to post it would require that I logged in again.

On my regular PC I have it set to remember everything, and I have probably logged in twice there in a years time and I think both of those were after clearing my browser cache to test something in Flash.

mojito
12-03-2007, 02:56 PM
YES- THIS IS ONLY IF YOU DONT WANT IT TO REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE LOGGED IN, im a contractor and therefore use "hotdesks" so I don't want my details remembering, this is a setting the admins can change, it does release server memory (not much) I guess.

BUT I still would like it increased past 20 mins or so which appears to be the idle time..

Cota
12-03-2007, 03:07 PM
20 minutes isnt long enough?

mojito
12-03-2007, 03:46 PM
obviously not, if you imagine how im working I like actionscript in a browser tab, its a nice site and I like to contribute and search often enough..

I respect yor abilities in flash you have written an article I remember and therefore also support, thanks for contributing.

Cota
12-03-2007, 03:56 PM
Did you sent a message to Jess or Strok about your concerns? They are the only ones that can really do anything about this.

mojito
12-03-2007, 03:58 PM
I didnt want to request a change based upon my sole use, so I wanted to see if it was something that we all wanted, sounds like a few do ?

post here if you do.

Cota
12-03-2007, 04:24 PM
I would say go ahead and contact them anyway.

Jesse
12-17-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey all. The cookie timeout period for this site is measured in days, I'm pretty sute. At least, I haven't had to log in again for ages. One hint is to make sure that you're using www.actionscript.org as the domain. We have other domains but they seem to cause cookie errors, for the forums especially.

Hope that helps!

Flash Gordon
12-17-2007, 08:38 AM
I haven't had to long in for somewhere around 6 months. And yes, make sure you have the right domain and not an old bookmark. I had that problem once before.

Jim Freer
12-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I donít use a bookmark. I enter by typing www.actionscript.org. Someone has mentioned a 20 minute timeout. I donít think it is that long. I donít even try to type in a reply from the online editor because I get logged out. This is my procedure for posting a reply: 1) type intoWord; 2) log in; 3) paste my reply from Word.

This is not a major problem in my life, but I think there is some irony here. Imagine if every time someone posted a problem in one of the forums and all of the responses were of the nature:

I donít think you have a problem because Iíve never experienced it.

Jim Freer

CyanBlue
12-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Just wanna mention that some of the links from the older posts still have actionscripts.org in them and they will require you to log in again to view the threads...