PDA

View Full Version : Parameter passing to Flash

abirocksu
01-08-2008, 07:49 AM
hello, i am new to actionscripting and went through many of the tutorials on net. with a basic knowledge now, i want to know how the parameter passing can be accomplished from html to flash.

i wil explain you the problem.

let us consider a water tank. the level of the water tank should be set depending on the parameter i recive from a html file. if i get 57%. then level in the tank must indicate as such.

pls help me on this.

Thanks a lot.
regards

Abilash

hangalot
01-08-2008, 02:30 PM
look at the flash actionscript bridge on labs.adobe.com

asscripter
01-18-2008, 03:28 AM
Do u mean passing a value from javascript (html) to flash function.

ExternalInterface class of flash is the answer. Google it and u will fiind ways to send variable values from Javascript to Flash and Flash to Javascript.

fishfool
06-29-2008, 12:42 PM
. Google it and u will fiind ways to send variable values from Javascript to Flash and Flash to Javascript.

is there something available like a debugger in order to know if the process you are doing is correct? i think that would be a very helpful tool if there wasn't (hey all you coding guys heads up!!) - -Fishfool @ The Reef Tank (http://www.thereeftank.com)

box86rowh
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM
Hey, if you are just trying to pass in params, in your embed / object tag you can add them after the name of the flash file like:

nameOfSwf.swf?param=test&param2=tester

and in your flash you can reference them like parameters.param and parameters.param2