PDA

View Full Version : newborn site, please check it!!

leekom
01-09-2008, 06:13 AM
www.leekom.com
please i need feedback for our new portfolio site. and thanks everybody!

Paul Ferrie
01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Two things:
1. Some fonts are blurry(contact section)
2. Time between page loads is to long.

Apart from then the site looks good.
Is this from a template site?

leekom
01-09-2008, 08:10 AM
Two things:
1. Some fonts are blurry(contact section)
2. Time between page loads is to long.

Apart from then the site looks good.
Is this from a template site?

thanks for feedback!
it's 100% designed and coded by us. i never thought it looks like a template :confused: does it ?

Paul Ferrie
01-09-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah itr definetly bhas some trates of the templates.

1. Sound button
2. Image preloaders in portfolio section
3. Some fonts blurred whilst others are perfect.
4. Colouring of different sections of the site

Here are some close examples i found.
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/16652.html
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/13630.html
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/15950.html

FormerSwinger
01-09-2008, 09:29 AM
looks nice. And I agree on the page load times. They are a bit too long.

On the portfolio page the background movement combined with the scrollbar seems a bit confusing. I mean when the bg moves on mouse move I would expect the scrollpanel to move also automatically. Perhaps when the mouse cursor is on the left side of the area it could automatically scroll left.

I would also reduce the empty space on top of the content area a bit, but that's just me ;) Looks nice as it is.

leekom
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Yeah itr definetly bhas some trates of the templates.

1. Sound button
2. Image preloaders in portfolio section
3. Some fonts blurred whilst others are perfect.
4. Colouring of different sections of the site

Here are some close examples i found.
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/16652.html
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/13630.html
http://www.templatemonster.com/flash-templates/15950.html

about the sound, i got them from internet, so i'm not surprised if they are used somwhere esle.
image preloader is a very common on also, many sites has the same :)
no comment about fonts
about colors, i think it's popular now to use such colors with dark grey, some pink yellow and green, shiny enough :)
our site is just in 1 frame, all AS tweened, and i think that templates are not made like this :)

ASWC
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Very cool! It's like a zen site I could fall asleep in looking at it!

phonicboom
01-10-2008, 01:00 AM
our site is just in 1 frame, all AS tweened...

why do forward, back, play and rewind work then?

I think it's nice graphic design and will impress customers,

i dislike the music and think i could have seen the whole thing years ago

so it's not new, as has been said, but is nice enough,

7/10

-would be a higher score with a more ambient sound track or even none at all and something that made it more modern - was it just the paisly wallpaper behind your text that made me think 'old', maybe, no it was the page tweens too..

but the graphic design of the work youve done and the text layout was nice

HerbyGunther
01-15-2008, 09:20 AM
I like it! Nice graphic design, specially nice transitions and animations. But the waiting between pages is slightly too slow for me.
It's nice that different sections has different colors. Some fonts are blurry.

Dom_
01-15-2008, 09:31 AM
the loading times where not too long on my computer, but some of the fonts are (really) blurry...
All together it's a pretty nice design, even if not the most original.
well done

self
01-19-2008, 12:39 PM
very nice design, i agree with the loadtimes

regarding the blurry fonts, ensure
1) that the final movement positions are rounded pixel values for all textfields and naturally also their holding movieclips (decimals could cause flash to interpolate, which will result in a blur on bitmap textfields)
2) that the settings of the textfield dont contain any scaling (also in the align/info/transform controls)

maybe that helps ;)

ASWC
01-30-2008, 04:38 AM
For some reason this website made me think a lot. And then I found out what was going on in my head. Because Flash is such a great technology and we can do so many cool things, some people think they have to put as much as possible of cool Flash effect, show as much as possible their quality as coder by making a lot, a lot of animation, preloading, waiting, new tween, new animation, here it's flying, here it moves and so on. And the reason I was thinking a lot about this website is that: there's a lot to learn from it. Never bother the user with a "will make you crazy" background music, maybe even, never bother the user with a background music. Have a purpose for your effects/animations, because while the user is waiting for your "COOOOOL" effect/animation to end, he starts thinking: "ok, I saw this stuff already what, 3, 4 times? and I got it, it's cool, but now I just want this site to move on, each time I click somewhere I have to wait 10 seconds before I get to what I want, starts to be boring...". All right I could go on for ever so I'll stop by saying that obviously it's not because you are a great Flash coder that makes you a great web designer. Trying to stuff as much "CUUUUUULLLLL" effects/animations possible on your next website is the best way to get, first: A lot of great comments like "DUDE that is awesome", " Man you rock", "Your site is the coolest ever", then, second: After 2 or 3 month people will be so bored to see always the same "CCCULLLLL" effect that they won't come to your site anymore. But, they could be still saying: "Well I don't remeber what this website was about but it had very "CUUUUULLLLLL" effects.......

self
01-30-2008, 12:07 PM
there was music? didnt notice that, no sound @ office... ;)

regarding the rest... youre right, but well, in the beginning animation was flash's main purpose. and - maybe i'm wrong - most ppl who want a flash site want it because of those 'cool' effects. yep, it's getting boring... yep, it is annoying at lots of the flash sites. unluckily, some people still want intros and unnecessary stuff, even if i tell them i wouldnt do that if it was my site.

in this case, i'm fine with the animations - it's a multimedia studio website, and transporting information a bit slower to show off with effects is ok for that. sure, i'd speed it up a bit, but the rest is ok for me. see, theres not that much info contained, and i dont think they will update the page with daily news or anything i'd need to know, so i'm not gonna check back so often, even if i am a customer of their company.