PDA

View Full Version : Edit/save xml with Flash

RonBurgundy
01-12-2008, 07:54 PM
If I create a form in flash that gets its info from an xml file, can i then allow the user to edit the info that is loaded and save it back to the same xml file? They type in their changes and hit a 'save' button. It overwrites the file automatically. Basically I want to avoid doing a backend DB by using the XML. If it is possible, how easy is it? I am fairly new to AS. Just point me in the right direction and I can figure it out though. Thanks for any help you can give.

kdittyr
01-14-2008, 05:22 AM
If you are talking about doing these operations in a webpage, yes, you can do that. If you are talking about doing this outside of the web, then you cannot do it without using something like AIR which has the ability to write files.

You could do it using web based tech by sending (as POST data) the XML back to the server and the server could write back to the file. If you need info on using php for files: Click for a great php tutorial site (http://www.tizag.com/phpT/files.php)

If you need more info on how to do this, please ask here and I can probably point you in a new direction. Oh and, where is the file being saved? If it is being saved on the clients computer you might be able to use javascript to handle it.