PDA

View Full Version : Industry standard for project code file structure..?

asscripter
01-23-2008, 03:58 AM
Hi, I have a project in flash, which is based upon MVC design pattern. This is required to have about 12-15 classes with different functionalities and purposes. I've decided to categorize them into the following folder structure.

FLA, SWF, HTML (files)
XML (folder)
com (stands for commercial)
|
|- Util (stands for utility)
|- Controller,
|- View,
|- Data

Now i'm wanted to discuss where should the js (javascript) files be placed.

As these are supposed to be deployed with the html and SWFs so these are an open source code kind of code. So this can be placed on the root folder (along with FLA, SWF, html, etc).

Or in a separate folder on the root folder.

Otherwise in the com folder in the Util folder.

Please tell me what do u guys follow? What does the industry standard/best practices say about that? Or is it entirely an individuals choice!

jsebrech
01-23-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't know if there are any industry standard practices about this. If there are, they're overbearing. File layout changes from project to project and team to team, so use whatever works best for you.

asscripter
01-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Thanks for the opinion. Sure, there cannot be hard-and-fast rules about file structuring.

Then I invite more practitioners to share what works best for them. Perhaps a project example which worked best for them will work! What kind of grouping they follow!

thanks.

hangalot
01-24-2008, 10:55 AM
we tend to follow
-controllers
-models
-events
-services
-views
-itemrenderers
-components
-skins