PDA

View Full Version : Browser Dimensions Change from Comp to Comp?

lyzArts
01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
I change the size of the window, depending on what kind of browser the user has, to fit my flash file.

I've noticed, however, that what works for one computer screen does not work for another. For instance, if I use IE, the dimensions fit the file on one computer, but then are messed up in IE on a different computer. Is this a hardware thing?

Thanks.

L

creynders
01-31-2008, 10:37 AM
You do realize that people can customize their browser? They can add toolbars etc. Or they could even have a completely customized browser. This all affects the content/navigation ratio.
And do you mean to tell me that you're checking for ALL browsers? Firefox, IE (pc), IE (mac), opera, safari etc.?
It's far easier to make your flash movie scalable, so it will automatically scale to the correct size.

jsebrech
01-31-2008, 01:49 PM
I agree, resizing the window is old school. I have it turned off in my browser. You should use the new full-screen features if you need flash to go fullscreen, and otherwise you should rely on the user to maximize their browser window and resize automatically to fit the window.

lyzArts
02-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I originally wanted to make my flash file full browser, but the background I chose made it difficult. I don't think I'd be able to make my background large enough to fake full browser flash. I would have to sacrifice it for a simpler design.