PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited PM - anyone else?

Bombdogs
02-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Had this in my PM box this morning...

Hello, I noticed you've posted here before.

I'm running a study to finish up my doctorate in Information Systems. The results will help researchers and people who run sites like ActionScript.org Forums better understand effective leadership of web forums.

Your help can make this effort possible. :-) As compensation for time--about 10-15 minutes--you will have a chance to win a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate (or a local currency equivalent at Amazon.uk, Amazon.jp, etc.).

Please click here to complete the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?...zOV7O0NQ_3d_3d

Thank you!

Steven Johnson
University of Maryland
[email protected]

I'm not completely adverse to unsolicited mail (just mostly!!!) but this is from a user who registered for this purpose it seems & really should post this sort of stuff on the public forum. Haven't clicked the link, my cynical side tells me bad things can happen...

PMF

xwielder
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Hell no, don't click that link. Bad stuff.

Yeah, it starts to get personal when spam PM's appear. I feel your anguish and frustration, but fortunately ... (knock on wood) ... I haven't had that issue here at AS.org.

CyanBlue
02-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I'd say just ignore that... ;)
The only time I'd click on the link is when the link is actually pointing to the school where I could actually be some help...