PDA

View Full Version : Converting .swf to .avi problems

Caster543
02-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Hey everyone, I need some help in a big way. I've entered a flash animation into a film festival, and I am a finalist (w00t~!). The deal was that if I gave them a video file, even if it wasn't great quality, they would at least review and judge it. If I became a finalist, I'd have to give them a legitimate copy for screening purposes.

I gave them two files - one made by "Moyea Swf to Video" as a .mov. It worked great, and the conversion was nearly perfect. Except..... there is a huge watermark at the top, and I dont have 100 bucks to shell out on a program I'm going to use once in my life. The second file was from something called Sothink Swf to Video converter". The problem with that is that movie clips got very choppy if I made it strictly video, and the audio went out of sync if I kept the scripts in it.

So now I'm up shit's creek without a paddle, because they need a legitimate .avi file. I don't know what to do, because I've tried almost every free program in the book. I've done screen capping software (my audio card wont allow direct recording from .wav out). I've tried exporting directly from flash and for some reason it completely disregards movie clips and treats them like a 1 frame graphic - which is no good.

Please, if any of you could help me, I would bow to you. I'm getting desperate here, and time is running out. I've spent hours upon hours trying to figure this out. Any help at all would be appreciated more than you'll ever know. Thanks a lot, and I hope to hear from someone soon.

atomic
02-21-2008, 05:35 AM
I have Geovid's swf2avi converter... And can give a test run, if you provide your .swf...

How heavy is it?

Caster543
02-21-2008, 06:08 AM
The file is pretty big, 6 megs or so. I have no way to host it online right now, since I don't own any web space, and the forums wont let me upload anything over 500k. I'm running the free trial of geovid right now, but its stuck at 0% processing, so I dont know what to do with it. Either way, it says it uses a watermark for unregistered copies, which is no good. If I can find a way to host it, I'll send it your way tomorrow. Man.... this sucks....

atomic
02-21-2008, 06:42 AM
You can e-mail it to me... I'll provide an address through a PM...

But won't have a go at it until morning anyways... I'm waisted...