PDA

View Full Version : Pending comments

ASWC
02-24-2008, 03:24 PM
I saw that I have pending comments. Am I supposed to tell someone or will someone review them at one point and make them available? Why can't I see them?

Jesse
02-24-2008, 11:08 PM
Comments are approved by the Admins / Editors. 90% of them aren't approved though because they are either questions or statements like "good work". We hoped to keep Comments to a means of improvmeing the content itself; e.g. "You can also use function X to do blah blah blah"... This doesn't seem to have caught on as much as we'd hoped to be honest.

ASWC
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I understand, but as the author I think I should be able to see them since even a negative comment can bring some ideas about how to improve a tutorial. Anyway, thanks for answering.

CyanBlue
02-25-2008, 01:12 PM
If I see a negative, rather problematic, comments, I sometimes delete them and let the author know... A good example would be something like missing attachment...

The problem I have is that it is not so easy to make a connection between the forum user name and the CMS user name... :(

While I am talking about the commenting system... There is no good way to view the article that somebody has made a comment on... I basically have to open up a new window and search that specific article just to make some sense of certain comments... It'd be nice just to click on an article to open up a new window with the article inside the comment management list... Just a thought... ;)

ASWC
02-25-2008, 02:41 PM
My author name is Jean André Mas, I wrote "Drawing shapes with AS2".

ASWC
02-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Would it be a problem if at the end of the tutorial I invite people to contact me directly instead so i can see what they say?

CyanBlue
02-25-2008, 06:44 PM
Are you really sure about that??? It's one thing to have a couple of emails once in a while, but if you start to get ten emails a day, that's not really a pleasant thing if happens every day... I think it's best to forward the traffic to the forum so that you can help them and other people can help them as well...

I remember we used to have tutorial support forums, but we removed those... Maybe we consider reviving them??? What do you think, Jesse???

ASWC
02-25-2008, 07:09 PM
No I'm not sure about that. I just wonder how the tutorial is seen and if people (beginners in this case) have trouble with it, if what I've shown was too complicated and so on. Just so I have an idea about what I should put in these tutorials so beginners can understand.