PDA

View Full Version : pageFlip v2.25: Need to start from page 2 of book

Justin // Innivive
03-10-2008, 06:35 PM
On a deadline... working with pageFlip v2.25 and need the animation to start already opened to page 2 of the book. Relatively new to action script and need a little direction. I did find the following code commented out but not sure how to go from here to get it to work. Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Original component website: http://www.pageflip.hu/

*/ you can use these functions:

gotoPage( destinationPageNo, skip ); //quick jump to the page number: destinationPageNo; values = 0-maxpages; skip: boolean; if true, pages will be skipped to the destination!

*/

asf8
03-11-2008, 12:12 PM
On a deadline... working with pageFlip v2.25 and need the animation to start already opened to page 2 of the book. Relatively new to action script and need a little direction.

I did find the following code commented out but not sure how to go from here to get it to work.

// gotoPage( destinationPageNo, skip );
// quick jump to the page number: destinationPageNo;
// values = 0-maxpages; skip: boolean;
// if true, pages will be skipped to the destination!
Would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Justin // Innivive : Yesterday at 07:23 PM. Reason: Has become urgent: file attached

The comment you found at the bottom of the actions layer in frame 5 tells you what you need to do.
gotoPage( destinationPageNo, skip ); But oddly if used on frame 5 it does not seem to work? However if you put it at the end of the actions on the actions layer of frame 6 it will work.

So in your case, just add this to the end of the frame 6 actions layer:
gotoPage( 2, skip );

Seems to work.

Justin // Innivive
03-11-2008, 03:15 PM
It did work this way. I also found another way in the meantime.

you have two choices:

- you pass the variable directlink=4 to the flash at embed level (appending it to the source name like this: pageflip.swf?directlink=4)
- or you add this line after the page definition lines in the begining of the code: page = 4;

Thanks for your help.

asf8
03-11-2008, 03:49 PM
It did work this way. I also found another way in the meantime.

you have two choices:

- you pass the variable directlink=4 to the flash at embed level (appending it to the source name like this: pageflip.swf?directlink=4)
- or you add this line after the page definition lines in the begining of the code: page = 4;

Thanks for your help.

lots of options to choose from then!

lgravett
02-08-2010, 12:19 PM
I know this is an old thread but perhaps you guys could help me.

I am trying to use a button to flip the page instead of the corners and dragging.

I currently have a button with the following actions:

on(release){
gotoPage( 5, false );
}

however this does not work. Any and all help would be appreciated.