PDA

View Full Version : Need swonk in MX or not?

bananaman
09-25-2002, 05:21 PM
I am using Flash MX, but want to export my movie as Flash 5 - because there is no Flash 6 player for linux-netscape. (crying)

Feeling rather foolish for asking this 'cos I think I can guess the response, but I've only just openend the box and don't know what I'm doing. Just consider yourselves lucky I'm not asking what a swonk is! Hey - found squirells tutorials excellent, and the best on the net - big thumbs up for the site! (Searched on Swonk MX Flash 5 but only two results that didn't help)

So, Question:
Do I need to swonk loading variables, cos I'm going to be exporting my MX movie to Flash 5, or can I make use of the MX LoadVars object?

CyanBlue
09-25-2002, 05:43 PM
Howdy... :)

I think you will need to use whatever you can to make sure the variables are loaded from the server...

> can I make use of the MX LoadVars object?

I thought that you have to have some sort of loop to load the values whether you are using LoadVars() object or loadVariables() function...

HTH

pinkaboo
09-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Hi, I think you will need to stick with swonking your variables rather than using the new LoadVars() constructor as that won't be compatible with the Flash 5 player.

If you go into your publish settings and select publish as Flash 5 you'll notice that some of the options in the actions panel will be highlighted in yellow, this indicates that in order to publish as Flash 5 you shouldn't use those commands as they aren't supported below Flash 6.

pinK