PDA

View Full Version : Let the user draw

Netunner
10-02-2002, 08:15 AM
I actually don't know if this is a "simple stuff" issue, but i'll try to post it here...
How can I let the user draw with a brush tool (or similar) in an area inside the movie letting him choose different brush thicknesses and colors???
And, after that, how do i choose which colors the user can use to draw? :confused: :confused:

Thanks for your replies ;) :D ;) ;) :D

farafiro
10-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Hey NEt
welcome here, there is a good tut to start with in
www.kirupa.com by pom, start there and tell me after finishing what u want

red penguin
10-03-2002, 01:04 PM
Heh. I am laughing.

Check this (http://www.tableau.com.au/red/record/record_01.html) out just to show you a possibility. There is also a gallery of stuff and the link is on that page.

It's a lengthy process, making this kind of app, but just depends on the functionality you want. Mine has all those things you mentioned...

As for a tut? Hmmm. Can't remember where I started. I guess when I first got MX, the new API. Making a pen. THat's it. THe rest was spawned from that.

NOW GO MAKE ME A PICTURE!!

farafiro
10-03-2002, 01:08 PM
why laughing.??

red penguin
10-03-2002, 01:12 PM
Cause I asked myself those same questions a very long time ago.

Task finished.

Thus....LAUGHTER!!

farafiro
10-03-2002, 01:15 PM
so let me laugh too
hehehehohohohohhahahahahaaaa
I geuss we all did that

pinkaboo
10-03-2002, 01:16 PM
hmm, dunno if this is of any use but I was reminded of this thread (http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=12637&highlight=draw) which might potentially be of interest to you too.

*gives Faffy a look*

:rolleyes:

pinK

red penguin
10-03-2002, 01:27 PM
Nice one pinK! Forgot all about that! Yeah. IMHO a good a start as any.

Red can't figure out why faffy is laughing at all.

farafiro
10-03-2002, 02:04 PM
pinky: wow, what a look
[pink: I love this thread, and I put it on my ref threads]

red: Faffy laughes for the same reason u laugh at

Netunner
10-03-2002, 02:25 PM
Ok Guys thank you very much for your help....now there is ONE more question: is there anyway I can "capture" and save the user's "painting" and put it in a gallery?

sfa
10-03-2002, 02:50 PM
Basically the idea is that you save the points in an array and then redraw it from that array. There might be something simpler in MX but I had done this in Flash 5 without the API thingie.

SFA

Netunner
10-03-2002, 02:54 PM
Ok last question (I hope! ;) )
I have the movie that dinamically creates a clip called line which raws a line everytime the user clicks'ndrags the mouse around the screen.
I would like to create 2 buttons that let the user choose 2 different sizes for this line.
How do i do this?
Thanks again
NeT

tg
10-03-2002, 03:24 PM
course if you already know php, you could probably do the whole thing in ming... my understanding is that ming creates the swf on the fly, and then you can save said swf file.
check out cyberfunks creationvectadraw (http://www.vectadraw.com/rewire/rewired.cyfk)

red penguin
10-03-2002, 03:38 PM
Yeah, tg, I had forgotten about that. I remember looking at that in the early stages as well...