PDA

View Full Version : <<<:::Petroglyphics:::>>>

Metrov 8
01-09-2001, 09:46 PM
I'm a one-man design shop in Los Angeles. I'd greatly appreciate any feedback on this latest version of my biz site. Also, download speeds, connection types, etc.

I've tried numerous different frame rates to try to get my panels to slide more smoothly, but without any luck. If anyone has any suggestions, that too would be appreciated.

http://fineartwebdesign.com/Website/Fawd2001/main.htm

Thanks, m

Vlad
01-10-2001, 04:55 PM
WOW
it is really "HI LEVEL"

good work
i wish to be capable do something like that

Metrov 8
01-10-2001, 06:36 PM
Vlad, thank you very much for your comments. If you continue to work very hard to learn Flash [like we all must] you will be able to create wonderful sites.

To all you people who VIEW but don't REPLY....DON'T BE LAZY PLEASE. Even if you're having trouble pulling up the site or anything, just write a note to that effect. I will gladly review your site in exchange.

Thanks, Metrov

Jesse
01-11-2001, 12:43 AM
Yesterday it wouldn't load but that could have been my crappy cable provider. Today it loads and I like it.
I see waht you mean aboutt he animation of sections being a bit jagged. Don't know what you could do to fix that up. I think you'll find it's the 3D text you have in the background.
Load time was good. Preloader on each section is a good idea. Nice layout in general. (No speakers here so I can't comment on sound)

Well done!

Jesse

Metrov 8
01-11-2001, 12:56 AM
Thanks so much for the check, Jesse.

By the way....I've noticed that when using 'loadMovie' there is sometimes a lengthy delay before the .swf actually comes up. Usually they come up fine, but sometimes, nothing happens for the longest time. Do you think this is a network problem, or is there a way to ensure that 'loaded' movies come up quicker. If you have any ideas, I'd love to know.

Best wishes, Metrov