PDA

View Full Version : position help

game_guru
04-26-2008, 05:31 PM
in my game i need to have an explosion happen when you shoot (click on) an object and have the object dissapear. I have tried a bunch of ideas but none of them put the explosion where the object was. help please:confused:

pseudobiotic
04-28-2008, 12:33 PM
maybe have the explosion animation be on a frame and have clicking it just go to the death frame?

maskedMan
04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
Perhaps your problem is the scope of the coordinates? In which clip is the explosion being attached? In which clip does the exploding object live? How are you determining the coordinates of the exploding object? It sounds like what might be happening is that the exploding object is not on the same timeline as the explosion, and thus the x / y coordinates you get for the object relative to its origin are not the same as the coordinates relative to the origin point of the place you're attaching the explosion.

in my game i need to have an explosion happen when you shoot (click on) an object and have the object dissapear. I have tried a bunch of ideas but none of them put the explosion where the object was. help please:confused: