PDA

View Full Version : Injecting cue points into flv's

kdittyr
04-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey, everyone, the company I work for needs the ability to insert cue points at certain points into the 8-9000 videos that we currently have for our website. I have seen a few projects that allow you to inject cue-points, but only allow it to be done one at a time (and no source code). Since we need to put them in at five seconds into the video and ten seconds before the end it seems like it would be a rather simple thing (in theory) that could be made batch-able.

That being said I have scoured the web looking for answers on how to do it... everything seems to point to using a byteArray to load the data, then inject the cue points based on the loaded metadata and then save the new flv, but there is no information that I can find about how to do it.

I know how to create a batchable list and save the files afterward (though haven't tried it with flv's), but I don't know how to use the byteArray. I have URLStreamed an flv and then readBytes them into a byteArray, but I have absolutely no idea what to do from there. I am not at my work computer so I don't have an example of my code, but it was really only about ten lines to do that.

These videos are to be used in a custom player that use the Video, NetStream and NetConnection classes so I don't have access to the addASCuePoint of the FLVPlayback class... unless someone knows how to addASCuePoint into a Video or NetStream object.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction?

evride
04-27-2008, 07:17 AM
i can point you to the AS3 forum.

this_forum.parent.parent.y -=500;
//get my drift?

kdittyr
04-27-2008, 03:06 PM
haha, yes, I chose this forum because I have searched through the as3 forum for the past week and haven't found the answer... and figured that since much of this has to do with AIR I would ask here. I also am not a fan of cross posting, and I know many of you aren't either.