PDA

View Full Version : Getting blank "Flex Build Path", "Flex Modules" windows

Propelsolutions
05-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I just did a fresh install of FB3 on Windows XP Pro 64-bit.

When I go to the properties of a project, then go to the Flex Build Path window, I get a completely blank screen.

Attached is a screen dump of the compiler settings (which works), the build path and modules (which don't work).

I am creating a new "web project".

I already tried re-installing several times, changing my workspace, and so on with no luck.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

prich
12-08-2008, 02:45 PM
When I view the properties for my Flex Project, I have a blank "Flex Build Path", and the "Resource" panel has groups for "Text file encoding" and "New text file line delimiter" with no form controls on it.

I am running 64-bit XP and have tried reinstalling and rebooting several times. I reinstalled into a folder not contained in "Program Files (x86)" in case that was the issue.

Others have mentioned that they have this problem, but I see no solutions. Has anyone resolved this?
:confused:

davidjmcclelland.com
07-09-2009, 12:43 PM
I have same OS, Flex version and problem. Looking to add entry manually in .actionScriptProperties file

Feldin
09-21-2009, 07:19 PM
i also have the same problem on Win 7 also had it on vista both 64-bit...

tracisummers
12-02-2009, 12:44 AM
Is there no cure for this? Windows 7 64bit.

NoobsArePeople2
12-02-2009, 04:00 PM
Have the same problem on Win7 x64. Had similar problems on Vista x64 that could be solved by (shameless plug alert) using the steps detailed in this post on my site: http://seanmonahan.org/2009/06/12/blank-project-properties-in-flex-builder-3-on-windows-vista-64-bit/

However, I have not found a way around this problem with build paths on Win7. Looked at the various meta files for the project an couldn't get things added that way either, though I could add things to the library path....which just reminded me: this all works fine on Mac OS.

In the .actionScriptProperties file on Mac OS I have the following that correspond to me build path entries:

<compilerSourcePath>
<compilerSourcePathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="properties"/>
<compilerSourcePathEntry kind="1" linkType="1" path="locale/{locale}"/>
</compilerSourcePath>

Willing to bet that will solve the build path issue. At least in the sense that you can add stuff. Will try when I get home.

Feldin
12-02-2009, 09:09 PM
Ok, i have spoken too soon...

This problem is following me no matter where i go :P I don't know what caused the problem this time but i intend to find out this weekend i will report my resaults...

Also thanks for your post noobsarepeople2... adjusting the divider works but it isn't a fix..

NoobsArePeople2
12-02-2009, 09:25 PM
Also thanks for your post noobsarepeople2... adjusting the divider works but it isn't a fix..

Agreed. I have a feeling the problem is with Eclipse on 64-bit Windows as everything was fine on Vista 32-bit.

angryjoe1426
12-07-2009, 07:38 PM
I'm having the same issue too.

Does anyone know if Adobe is working on a resolution to this?

NoobsArePeople2
12-07-2009, 08:30 PM
I think this is probably an Eclipse problem rather than a Flex Builder problem. If you're having this specific problem with the Build Paths, modifying the .actionScriptProperties file worked for me. Not ideal as there are plenty of windows that open with nothing in them but this has been a problem for over a year for me so I'm not anticipating until Flash Builder 4, if then.

Feldin
12-08-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm having the same issue too.

Does anyone know if Adobe is working on a resolution to this?

I also wrote about my problem to Adobe and all i got back was that my case was withdrawn...

P.S. and i tried to figure out what causes the problem but i didn't get far i onlyy know that it isn't Adobe creative suit CS4...

Feldin
01-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Ok if anyone is intrested i figured it out...

All i need to do is to close the logitech set point and flex builder works just fine.

DSTZ
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Since I do not have logictech set point like the previous poster, I checked for any mouse/screen/disk polling programs.. It turns out that I have multimon taskbar running. As soon as I stop the program, the Flex Build Path window showed up. My advise is to close everything else you have running one at a time and navigate back to the Flex Build Path screen afterward to do a quick check. Good luck!

MikeyB
03-16-2010, 03:57 PM
I've had the same problem running Windows 7 x64 and Flex Builder 3.

I started closing each process one by one, and I've discovered that if you close the Macrovision Software Manager Agent process (agent*.exe), the flex build path screen works perfectly.

Not sure if this will help anyone else though.

stevefarwell
06-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I Found this post about removing Wacom drivers http://sleepydesign.blogspot.com/2010/03/flex-windows-7-wacom-flex-builder-3.html

It worked for me

codeslayer
09-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi,

I can confirm this "Wacom drivers removal" solution - it worked out here on my machine as well.
I just spent almost one day with struggling with problem and started to remove all the apps I'm working with day by day but didn't think about Wacom drivers. And what it makes to bite my ass of is that I do not even use a wacom board permanently. I installed those drivers several weeks ago to test a board of one of my collegues - ggggnnn!
Since then I did not have to change the properties of my previous project. I didn't realize the misbehaviour until I had to start with a new project last week.
ok...let's get back to installing all those adobe stuff again. At least there is a good thing left - my PC is now almost cleaned up from old crappy apps as well :-)

Big thanks again to the poster who came up with those "Wacom drivers" idea!