PDA

View Full Version : self playing cd-rom swf

the_nth_man
10-16-2002, 04:11 PM
I am creating a Flash movie on a cd-rom that autoplays when popped into a computer (I think I know how all this will work) but I need the main swf to be able to load sample swfs from the cd.

I have tried a few fscommand's but they just ask the computer 'Which app do you want to play this from?'. My audience is 'any old dolt' so this message will instantly trigger the "this doesn't work" and toss reaction.

I am a newbie working on a Mac but my audience is primarily PC. Thanks!!

I love the site! I have scoured forums and tutorials for answers to my questions (I'm not lazy after all!) but I think I'm stumped...

DiDi
10-16-2002, 09:02 PM
Your main movie is .swf and not .exe (Projector)? If you don't have to (for some special reasons) publish it as .swf I would recommend the projector 'cos you don't have to worry if the user has Flash Player installed and it's easier to autorun.

What do you mean by "main swf to be able to load sample swfs from the cd"? How are you loading them, with getURL action? User can open them with browser (if they have Flash Player), but you loose control of their apperance. You can also publish all .swfs as .exe and open one from another with Exec FSCommand, but maybe the best solution is to have one main movie as .exe and load the rest of .swfs in it with loadMovie action.

If you have any questions about Flash Projectors on crossplatform CDs, check this thread:

http://www.actionscripts.org/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=14844

Hope this helps,

DD

the_nth_man
10-16-2002, 10:05 PM
Wow, I love the FAQ! I'm going to run through this one when I get to the burning phase. But for now...

I decided to make each .swf load from Internet Explorer (using the CDRom) but now I'm having problems writing the html browser window javascript (that determines the window size, scrolling, ect.)

So I've moved my problem to something else I don't understand! Any javascripters out there know the set size, no scroll, no header commands for a new window?