PDA

View Full Version : FScommand showmenu

Mister Fisto
10-16-2002, 11:13 PM
Why would this work (disabling rightclick menu) in the standalone player and not in a browser?
Also, when I open an .swf with the showmenu command in the standalone player, it adds about 1/2 cm whitespace above and below the movie.

I know about the exec command being disabled in later versions of flash player to stop malicious people doing naughty things, but I didn't think it would affect showmenu?

Cheers.

black
10-17-2002, 09:34 AM
sorry to tell that fscommand could only recognize flashplayer.

francescaluce
10-17-2002, 10:07 AM
you can disable the rightclick in the browser directly....via javascript.

<script language="Javascript">

var ErrMsg = "Right Click is disabled!! ";

function disableRightClick(btnClick)
{
if (navigator.appName == "Netscape" && btnClick.which == 3) // check for netscape and right click
{
alert(ErrMsg);
return false;
}
else if (navigator.appName =="Microsoft Internet Explorer" && event.button == 2) // for IE and Right Click
{
alert(ErrMsg);
return false;
}
}
document.onmousedown = disableRightClick;
</script>

ciao
francesca

mcarey
02-21-2003, 04:06 PM
I know this is not a current thread, but I came across it in my search to address the borders added at the top and bottom of the projector after the showmenu=false command executes.
This seems to only be a problem when authoring in Flash MX. The same code authored in Flash 5 has no adverse effects.
(It doesn't matter whether the code is written as
fscommand("showmenu", "false");
or
Stage.showMenu = false;
I found no answers in this or the Flashkit forum for this problem specifically, but did find a solution here:

http://webforums.macromedia.com/flash/messageview.cfm?catid=288&threadid=548267&highlight_key=y&keyword1=showmenu#1959991

It's an admitted hack, but it works, and I was so relieved to find it I thought I ought to post back here for anyone in the same boat.