PDA

View Full Version : Pure actionscript 3.0 flash site with design patterns

jad
06-20-2008, 04:42 PM
Hi,
Do you belive it's possibile to build a "real pure actionscript 3.0 flash dynamic site using only design patterns"? and if yes how?. Where to start?. Ideas?. I would like to try with your help. I know the principles of DP (many books read but...actionscript and not) but there is a long distance from principles to a real application.
I hope someone could help or try with me.
Thanks.

jad
06-22-2008, 08:59 AM
anyone interested? any suggestion? any idea?

ASWC
06-24-2008, 08:32 AM
That's what I'm doing with the new version of my site coming soon:
http://aswebcreations.com/aswebcreationsV2.html
So yes it's possible.

jad
06-25-2008, 05:12 PM
ok yes but can you? or want you? to share some project detail? some DP used? some UML? something
thanks

Vjeko
06-27-2008, 04:46 AM
You can use MVC for building your site. That's the first thing that crossed my mind.

Assertnfailure
07-02-2008, 11:46 PM
The best medium to use really depends on the project. Using pure AS3 is the most fun (in my opinion), but can be a headache if you consider all the other tools you'll be missing out on without it (components, timeline, visual compositioning, etc). Also, don't be afraid to hybridize.

For example, a side-scrolling game I built recently uses a wrapper and a game engine module swfs that I made in pure AS3, while the HUD itself was compiled from Flash CS3, to give it more artistic control over the the gui elements.