View Full Version : go easy second attempt!
10-20-2002, 10:03 PM
Hello all first time on the board and only my second attempt a site design.
this is just a little dummy company marketing type idea. I would really appreciate some constructive feedback on whatever you find appropriate.
Especially the frame rate!
Do you think the .jpgs could be reduced in quality further to speed load time!
Cheers in advance!
goto and view.
10-20-2002, 10:18 PM
Well thats a nice site for a second attempt, couple of things though :
1) Perosnally i would get rid of the pop up windows, flash is more than capable of working round them.
2) Perhaps some instructions telling the user that they only have to rollOver on each catagory, otherwise people click, pop-up window comes up as they are seeing the text fade, result = confusion.
3) Fps was too slow, but i am on a 56k, so it was churning away, still the fading was too slow.
4) Should really have an option to turn the music off if the user wants to.
5) I am not sure about the navigation/fading text, the user is entering a whole NEW SECTION, but they have to keep their cursor in the smae place just to read vital information about a company, they cannot explore, have fun - very restricting, i would try and change/adapt that side of things.
But it is a nice crisp and clean site, please don't take the above too personally, its got great potential and the layout was nice, the graphical side of things was very appealing.
Nice site, i will check back to see when its finsihed, and what changes you make.
Regards, snapple :)
10-20-2002, 10:41 PM
thanx for the constructive
I think most of what your saying is right.
Thanx again. Honesty is the best policy.
10-21-2002, 07:53 AM
You have some bad typesetting going on...several orphans.
10-21-2002, 10:03 AM
I know some of the text is a little blurry but what do you mean by orphans man.
10-21-2002, 10:35 AM
..are the typesetting terms for when you have a block of text that has a word or two dangling off the end all on its ownsome that makes the layout look unbalanced, clunky, and difficult to read.
For example, a widow is generally when your text is in columns (or even goes over 2 pages) and the spacing is such that you end up with an odd word or two left out on a limb at the beginning of a new column (or page).
While an orphan is the term for when you have a paragraph that finishes with a single word on a new line.
You just need to adjust your spacing/layout to balance things up a bit, and make it tidier.
10-21-2002, 02:53 PM
What she said... ;) Thanks pink.
Sorry, was very tired when I typed that out, should've explained myself...
vBulletin® v3.8.5, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.