PDA

View Full Version : air installer

corbo950
07-02-2008, 07:13 PM
if im going to distribute an air application is there away to include the air runtime installer and the air application in one setup file. also do i really have to pay like $300 to get certificate so that air wont warn people it doesn't know the author of the program?

evride
07-03-2008, 03:31 AM
yes, you should get a certificate, but users will most likely just skip over that. depends on your audience.

a couple weeks ago i made a post explaining how to use NSIS to create an installer that will first check to see if the adobe runtime is installed, then install it if it needs to then install your AIR program.

here is a more advanced example than the previous one. it uses the modern UI and has a eula screen.

!include "MUI2.nsh"
!define PRODUCT_NAME "Insert Product Name"
!define PRODUCT_VERSION "Insert Version"
!define PRODUCT_PUBLISHER "Weyland-Yutani Corp."

;Interface Settings

!define MUI_ABORTWARNING

;--------------------------------
;Pages

!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_LICENSE "EULA.txt"
!insertmacro MUI_PAGE_INSTFILES

!insertmacro MUI_UNPAGE_CONFIRM
!insertmacro MUI_UNPAGE_INSTFILES

;Languages

!insertmacro MUI_LANGUAGE "English"

Name "${PRODUCT_NAME} ${PRODUCT_VERSION}"
OutFile "MyProgramInstall.exe"

Section -Prerequisites

SetOutPath "C:\InstallationFiles"
SetOverwrite ifnewer
ReadRegStr $0 HKLM "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstal l\Adobe AIR" "DisplayVersion"
IfErrors notinst
Goto installAirProgram

notinst:
File "AdobeAIRInstaller.exe"
ExecWait "C:\InstallationFiles\AdobeAIRInstaller.exe"
Goto installAirProgram
installAirProgram:
File "MyAirApp.air"
ExecWait 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe AIR\Versions\1.0\airappinstaller.exe /C:\InstallationFiles\MyAirApp.air'
RMDir "C:\InstallationFiles\"
SectionEnd

corbo950
07-03-2008, 06:16 AM
thanks but im not asking weather i should get a adobe certificate but if there is a way to get one with out paying a bunch of money.... i just feel like there should be a way with more paperwork that costs less but my application is for sale to specific audience only anyway so all of the buyers will personally have met with me or talked on the phone with me which obviously they will trust me when i tell them to skip it. thanks for the installer script. does anybody have one that will work for a mac OS 10 installer? or would be OS independent?

evride
07-03-2008, 10:29 AM
you would have to look into Mac OSX installer creators. I have not done so yet.
if you are working with people that will trust the program without a certificate then just self sign it. Adobe lets you create your own certificates and self sign in the program.

buying a certificate from Thawte will say who the Publisher is, instead of the unknown and get rid of the big red question mark thing. that is all.

one big thing to note is, that if you release your program not digitally signed with a Thawte digital signature and then go back 2 months later and buy one, your program will no longer auto update. it will install a new seperate program.

more can be read here
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/signing_air_applications_print.html

corbo950
07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
thanks