PDA

View Full Version : Flexbuilder Flex 3SDK Source and trace()

arkum
09-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Hi,

Trying to wrap my head round the Flex framework and would find it really useful to use trace() in the mx classes to see what is going on. Problem is that flexbuilder uses a compiled version of the mx classes and not the src folder included in the sdk, so my question is how can I force Flexbuilder to compile from the src folder (Containing mx classes I can edit) instead of the sealed Swc?

Thanks.

rawmantick
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
remove sdk's swc from project and add src of flex to classpath.

Is there a realy need for that ??? I doubt that...

arkum
09-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Hi romantique.

Yes there is most definately a need for it - so I can see what's going on at a low level. In some cases you can use a subclass and override the methods you're interested in to see whats going on, but there are lots of cases where this is clumsy or ineffective. Much better to trace / output to a debugger from the original code.

Anyhow. Turns out easy to do. You just need to copy the classes from the framework you want to edit, and any classes they are dependant on, into your source folder. These will then take precedence over the SWC-based classes. Because of the web of interdependencies I found it easiest to copy the whole src/mx folder over. It takes a long time to compile the first time yu publish, but after that its only a tiny bit slower (if at all).

rawmantick
09-02-2008, 09:56 AM
I never needed that... and potentially don't see to need in the future...
Well probably in your case you realy need to put traces inside original code of framework...
But that's what the documentation is for.