PDA

View Full Version : Export Chart to Image - AIR

kalleballe21
09-09-2008, 04:20 PM
hi,

i would like to have a function in my project, that renderes a chart to a jpeg and saves it to the desktop. i found a nice example HERE but it uses Adobe Air.
My question now is, that i have an an existing flex project (in FlexBuilder), and for building a function like it is described, i need the file class and fileStream etc. Can i just use some functions of Air in my flex project? Or is it neccesarry to create an AIR project in order to use it??? I would like to jsut import Air in any AS Class and then use the functions!?!!

thänks
kalle

evride
09-09-2008, 04:23 PM
cant use filestream ad file classes without AIR, its a totally seperate runtime from flash player. you would need to have a server side where you upload the image and then download it again to the client computer. or you can wait for a year when flash player 10 comes out.

kalleballe21
09-11-2008, 11:54 AM
is there a way to do it with AS3 ???
i would not like to wait ... or could i send the bytearray to an AIR application an then save the image to the desktop?

kalleballe21
10-06-2008, 08:12 AM
how can i include the filestream class or an AIR project in normal AS-3 class, so that i can use the AIR FileStream class???