PDA

View Full Version : launching MX projector from inside a projector

satyanaas
11-05-2002, 07:32 PM
Can I launching a MX projector from inside an other projector? I 'm making a CD show casing otehr projects that were made as projectors. I would like to have a main projecor with examples of projects and be able to launch the individual projectors of the projects over the main projector. Does anyone know any FScommands or something. Please email if you have a suggestions. Thanks.

DiDi
11-05-2002, 09:31 PM
on (release) {
fscommand ("exec", "MyOtherProjector.exe");
}Be sure to put other projectors you want to launch in the folder called fscommand on the root of your main projector.

Hope this helps...

DD

satyanaas
11-05-2002, 09:34 PM
I'l ltry that. thanks, good lookin out, (wo)man. ;)

satyanaas
11-05-2002, 09:42 PM
will this work on a mac as well? thanks again.

DiDi
11-06-2002, 07:15 PM
Nope, you can't launch .exe on Mac - it's PC/Win appl...

Working on PC the only thing you can do is publish your work as Mac projector which needs to be decompressed (it comes as .hqx file which is not equivalent to .exe) before viewed on Mac. To launch something from Mac projector you need to build a custom Applescript for each file you want to launch. And to do all of this you'll need a Mac too :D ...

Check my FAQ about Flash projectors and crossplatform CD burning:

http://usuarios.lycos.es/didinomade/ProjectorsBurningFAQ.htm

Hope this helps...

DD

satyanaas
11-06-2002, 07:29 PM
Thanks agiain for replying. I knew that the .exe would work on a mac, I just wasn't sure if mac projectors had an extension, that I would have to specify in the action that you gave me (thanks again for that :) ). They don't show one when your publishing from flash.

Since that last post, I messed with I've been able to launch a projector just using the name of the projector (I work on a mac) with out an extension. So, that seems to work, at least in OS X. Haven't tried OS 9 yet.

satyanaas
11-06-2002, 07:31 PM
"would not work" is what I meant to say...

DiDi
11-06-2002, 10:26 PM
Well, if you work on Mac, this part is then easier for you - it would be almost imposible to compile Applescripts on PC :) ...

In fact, building a crossplatform CD with Flash projector is much more "friendly" procedure if you work on Mac... The problems come when you want to do more than just open something from your projector :( ... There are lot of 3rd party tools which help you customize the PC projector, but none whatsoever for Mac one. Pitty...

But since all you need is to open other files from main projector, normal FSCommand and eventualy Applescript should work just fine :) ...

Cheers,

DD