PDA

View Full Version : Movie clip loops

conduct
11-09-2002, 01:21 AM
At the risk of sounding stupid, I must ask this simple question.
How to loop a movie clip with a "stop action" at frame 1.

ex. In my movie I have buttons, when you roll over them a movie clip fades in and when you roll out the movie clip fades out. I put a "stop action" on frame 1 of each movie clip to keep the clip hidden until you roll over it's button. Yet on some buttons roll over, the movie clip has more than one subject fading in and out. Ex. "A" fade into "B" and then fades into "C" then fades out- oppose to "A' fading in when roll over and fading out when roll out.

My Problem
I want the A to B to C movie clips to continously loop when activatived by a button roll over but they won't because of the stop action on frame 1. If I take the stop action out, the movie clip will keep looping and remain on the main stage and won't follow any of the roll over roll out button actions.

Heeeeelp meee O great actionscript nerds!!!

Artie Effem
11-09-2002, 03:04 AM
I just woke up so this might be a bit vague..

You could set a "switch" Variable on your _root level:

_root.overButton = false;

when you roll over your clip you set this to "true"
Then at the end frame of each of your 3 movieclips you have a script which checks if the variable is true or not and directs eaxh clip to either gotoAndPlay (1); if it is false or gotoAndPlay (2); if it is true.

Make sense to you?

conduct
11-10-2002, 05:09 PM
Hey Artie, I don't know if you got my PM but I was just saying thanx for your reply!

I put in the acitonscript of _root.overButton = true;
in the button, check out the script

on (rollOver) {
tellTarget ("elle_mov") {
gotoAndPlay("ab1");
}
_root.overButton = true;
}
on (rollOut) {
tellTarget ("elle_mov") {
gotoAndPlay("ab2");
}
}

ab1 is the fade in and ab2 is the fade out on the "elle_mov" movie clip.
Even when I put the actionscript " _root.overButton = true;" The movie clip "elle_mov" still didn't loop at frame2-avoiding frame1 stop action.

I don't know what's up

Artie....anyone....help!!!

ralfsmith
03-31-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh its very interesting. Could you provide me more information ?

[email protected]