PDA

View Full Version : Dropshadow disappearing misterously

jabarwaki
10-30-2008, 03:36 PM
Hi,

I am trying to add drop shadow to images using Flash8/AS2.
These images are loaded from some external links into empty MCs. Images are being rescaled and added drop shadows. These all happens at the runtime only.

The problem is when I am seeing the SWF locally in my machine things are appearing fine. Everything appears/works as expected.
But when the SWF is uploaded into the server the drop shadows disappears mysteriously!! They do not show at all!!
Apart from this everything is working fine.

Also....i have empty dynamic text fields on the stage. Texts are being populated from an xml, at the runtime. For that i have turned the Auto-kerning option ON.

I am using the following code to generate drop shadows --
-------------------------------------------------------------------
import flash.filters.DropShadowFilter;
var dropShadow: DropShadowFilter = new DropShadowFilter(15, 90, 0xCCCCCC, .8, 1, 12, 1, 5, false, false);
_global.myTempFilters= myImage.filters;
myTempFilters.push(dropShadow);
_root.myImage.filters = myTempFilters;
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Can somebody please HELP me out here?????? :eek:
I am really confused!

Thanks in advance.

jabarwaki
10-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I am trying to add drop shadow to images using Flash8/AS2.
These images are loaded from some external links into empty MCs. Images are being rescaled and added drop shadows. These all happens at the runtime only.

The problem is when I am seeing the SWF locally in my machine things are appearing fine. Everything appears/works as expected.
But when the SWF is uploaded into the server the drop shadows disappears mysteriously!! They do not show at all!! :o
Apart from this everything is working fine.

Also....i have empty dynamic text fields on the stage. Texts are being populated from an xml, at the runtime.

I am using the following code to generate drop shadows --
-------------------------------------------------------------------
import flash.filters.DropShadowFilter;
var dropShadow: DropShadowFilter = new DropShadowFilter(15, 90, 0xCCCCCC, .8, 1, 12, 1, 5, false, false);
_global.myTempFilters= myImage.filters;
myTempFilters.push(dropShadow);
_root.myImage.filters = myTempFilters;
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Can somebody please HELP me out here?????? :eek:
I am really confused!

Thanks in advance.