PDA

View Full Version : return to basics with modern tools

almenara
04-22-2001, 08:26 PM
http://www.terra.es/personal5/almenara

This is my first finished site, my personalsite.

I've tried to build an unique space- Nothing of floatting windows, nothing of frames... just an space for discover through few questions trying to discover to the visitor the nature of interaction: order and be obeyed. Thatīs the pleasure of interaction. Thatīs all.

I try to rescue the DHTML (it's heavyest but has a move more...electrical than flash).

Flash works giving life, itīs not interactive because itīs not the interface.

I try to give a grunge point of view to some structuralist images, in not usual colors for the palete of the general site.

Most os my site is in spanish but most of the text just works as images plenty of light. Iīve tried to transmit some melancolic feelings through the light ( I live in Spain, at the mediterranean coast, very near of Benidorm, In Alicante).

The most important things are translated into english.

Tnx!

tiffany2577
04-26-2001, 08:46 PM
I wasn't able to view your site. I'm on a mac using netscape 4.76.
some elements seem to be floating way off to the right, i had to scroll quite a bit (and i have a high res screen) to see any graphics - which seem to be breaking apart.

sorry.

almenara
04-26-2001, 10:28 PM
Netscape (untill version 6) donīt let me do all the things that I can do over explorer, and I simply donīt worry about that because update is free and they are not too much netscape users than explorer.

I sorry very much, maybe I should have a Netscape version, but... youīll have to update your browser before or later.

But I know the problems for mac users... but I think that you can use a 5 version of explorer...

:)

I simply donīt worry about if somewone have or hasvenīt the flash plug-in or a latest browser... most of people have it, and I try to use the latest technologies avalaibles for most of the people.

;)

PS: Yes, Itīs very large space but you donīt should worry about that, you should follow the links on the screen and your incstints instinct.

Thank you for your comments, and Iīm sorry very much for your problems.

roderick
05-05-2001, 08:12 AM
Its like a playground. Keep up the good work. You will get better and better.

Who is the old guy? That you? Your dad? Grandpa?

-roderick-

sKIDj
05-05-2001, 09:50 AM
I have too agree with roderick, it is a playground. But like a playground, I want more swings to play on :). keep it up.

almenara
05-07-2001, 08:22 AM
A webplace. A playground.

They are beauty thoughts. Iīm proud to have inspired them.

Thank you very much for write me.

thanx a lot.