PDA

View Full Version : Multiple labels in accordion header

Hockey13
11-18-2008, 06:31 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm pretty new to Flex. I've been searching around and I haven't been able to find any information on how to create an accordion that has a header with multiple labels or text areas in flex 3. Let me try to explain what I'm trying to achieve and what alternative I've already thought up.

I'm creating a transaction lookup page that uses JSON to communicate data between the client's browser and the server. After the user gives the required inputs (e.g. account number, start date, end date, optional transaction type, etc.), the server will spit back 30 transactions that will have, let's say, 40 variables tied to each transaction (account number, trade date, settlement date, amount of shares, net amount, price, etc.). In the accordion header, I want to display some of these variables in a selectable format (sort of like a datagrid). Then, when you double click the header, the extra information for that transaction is displayed inside the accordion container with full ability to modify the transaction or delete it. The only way I've been able to come up with doing this is to space out text uniformly in the accordion header.

Is any of this possible? Is it possible to do this with other components?

Thanks for your help.

Peter Cowling
11-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Never used it, but I would recommend this (http://dougmccune.com/blog/2007/09/18/using-complex-headers-with-the-flex-accordion/) as a starting point.

Hockey13
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Thank you for your response, Peter. I will see how far I can get with this and if I have exhausted all my abilities, I will return. If it works out, I'll detail how I got it done.

boyler101
11-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Hi there,

Just interested, did you ever find a solution to this? I'm currently encountering a similar problem..

Thanks