PDA

View Full Version : Article ready for review

allen_brunson
11-26-2008, 10:03 PM
Hello,

I just uploaded my article, which is about creating a command-line terminal for a Flash applet. The article contains links to a screen-shot and a zip file with example code, both currently hosted on my own personal web site. You can of course copy those files to your own site, if you'd rather host them there.

Regards
Allen

CyanBlue
11-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Howdy and Welcome... :)

Thanks for the article... It'd be great if you could upload the accompanying files to the CMS... That way we have everything in one place...
Please let us know after you do that and I'll approve the article...

Thanks... :)

allen_brunson
11-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Okay, it's done. I uploaded the screen shot and the code zip file as attachments. I hope that's correct, I didn't see any other type of upload methods.

While I was in there, I did another editing pass. I found a typo or two and cleaned up the phrasing in a few spots.

CyanBlue
11-30-2008, 02:35 PM
Article is live... Thanks... ;)
http://www.actionscript.org/resources/articles/842/1/Command-line-terminal-for-Flash/Page1.html

It'd be great if you have it so that the images or files in the article points to the assets that you have uploaded into the AS.org CMS not directly to other domains... For next article, I mean... Thanks... ;)

allen_brunson
11-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Argh! Sorry, the original zip file I uploaded had a few problems that I just now noticed, as I was "test-driving" the article as a reader. So I fixed those, and uploaded the new zip file to my own website and your cms system. That seems to have yanked the article off the front page. Does that mean you have to approve it again?

Sorry, I'm new at this.

I would have linked to the files inside the cms, but I didn't know how to do it. What do you use for the URL?

CyanBlue
11-30-2008, 03:10 PM
No, it's not a problem at all... I wish the CMS automatically notifies me or any other moderators so that I can go approve the pending articles, but that feature is not there, so it'd be kinda required for you to let us know if we need to approve the article in the thread... ;)

As for the URL, this video tutorial talks about how you can use the Media Manager to upload the assets and get the URL for those...
http://www.actionscript.org/video_tutorials/CMS_Video_Tutorial_03-Using_Editor.html