PDA

View Full Version : i want to make the background flash...

bugahhboo
04-23-2001, 10:04 AM
i was wondering if anyone could provide me with a solution to this problem: my logo comes flying in from the background, goes into a spin and comes to a halt in all its glory.

i want to create a flashing effect when it comes to a stop. can anyone help me out with this?

thanks in advance

bugahhboo

Marx
04-23-2001, 05:31 PM
Hi..
Add the following script to the MC you want to Flash:

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
this._visible=!this._visible;
}

You mentioned you only wanted it to Flash after it flys in. To do this add an action that stipulates a position for it to start flashing:

if (this._x>=200) {
}
}

For a more precise position add the y coordinate also.

Hope this helps.

bugahhboo
04-23-2001, 05:58 PM
huh? ive only been using this for about 2 days...took me all night just about to figure out the whole "tweening" thing.

exactly where do i enter the code you suggested?

Marx
04-23-2001, 06:24 PM
Hi..
Sorry mate. Place this code on the MC you want to flash. As an example follow these instruction:

1) Draw a square on your stage.
2) Select it, press F8 and choose Movie Clip.
Or select it and choose Insert/Convert To Symbol/Movie Clip. They both do the same thing.
3) Now make sure your movie clip is selected. Open up the actions panel. Copy & Paste the following script directly into the actions panel:

}

Or select the 'evaluate' action from the actions menu and type it in.

Hope this helps.

bugahhboo
04-24-2001, 12:29 AM
thanks, your code worked, but i dont think i was specific enough. the effect i want to create is more like lightning. not lightning bolts, but i would like to cause the whole animation to flash a totally different color, then fade away as the animation continues. i think i have an idea of how to do this the hard way by importing a jpeg or gif of a particular color and then matching the width and height to a layer...then duplicating the key frame on that layer and giving the duplicate and alpha of 0% and then do a quick motion tween...it sounded better in my head...lol

thanks again for your suggestion!