PDA

View Full Version : Calendar for a website

travieso1978
12-16-2008, 04:42 PM
Hello everybody!!!
Does anybody knows how can i get or create a calendar to add to my website and that on each day can add a different schedule,i have try flash but is not free and i dont know how to add the html on each day because it doesnt give me the option to do it.
please help.
if i`m in the wrong section please guide me where to go.
thank you

NickZA
12-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Um. This is not as simple as you make it sound.

Also, this is something you might consider using JavaScript / Ajax for. I don't know if you are handy with that, but if you don't know Flash, I'm not sure it's worth getting into it for something like this. I'm not sure what your competency level as a programmer is though, because JavaScript can be a little tough to learn.

The reason JavaScript might be better than Flash/ActionScript is:

-faster response, no Flash to load in (not that that will make much difference)
-you don't really need the animation stuff Flash provides
-you can write cookies directly on the local host if for storing calendar data (I take it you will not be storing data on a server?)
-there are many Javascript calendars out there which you could take and modify to what you want

Please somebody shoot me if I am talking utter crap over here! But don't shoot me for mentioning this in competition to Flash, I just think it's a better tool for the job.

Hello everybody!!!
Does anybody knows how can i get or create a calendar to add to my website and that on each day can add a different schedule,i have try flash but is not free and i dont know how to add the html on each day because it doesnt give me the option to do it.
please help.
if i`m in the wrong section please guide me where to go.
thank you